Monday, October 3, 2011

Ten Out of Tenn

Ten incredible, somewhat-indie musicians from Nashville, Tennessee touring together. Their last stop: Atlanta. It was such a treat.
Paige, Johnnie, and I arrived over an hour before the show started. We earned our incredible view of the stage.

This crazy woman later jumped on stage to grab a set list for me. My hero.
When all ten artists came out on stage, I was so overwhelmed. Four of them were on my Bucket List of Concerts. I didn't know where to keep my eyes. I wanted to watch them all at once.
Gabe Dixon started off the show with my favorite song of his, Running On Fumes.

Tyler James on trumpet, Andrew Belle, Trent Dabbs, and Matthew Perryman Jones.
KS Rhoads and Trent Dabbs, bro-ing out.
I was most excited to hear Andrew Belle play.
...So excited that he deserves two pictures.
Butterfly Boucher rocked bass the entire time- even on her own songs.
Seth Philpott. We'd met once before, so when we chatted before the show, he (pretended that he) remembered me. I was honored.
Erin McCarley happened to be in Atlanta, so she played a surprise song. It was fantastic.
Matthew Perryman Jones and Butterfly Boucher are straight-up rock stars.
Trent Dabbs- the creator of Ten Out of Tenn.
Possibly my favorite picture of the night, all because of Mr. Dabbs' goofy jacket.
Johnnie especially took a liking to Tyler James.
Oh my goodness. Katie Herzig is incredible. Like eerily good. Like perfect.
Fantastic show. They ended the night by coming out into the crowd and singing Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. We left immediately (but not before snagging a set list) because we had to dash to the Black Cat dance... and because the security guard asked us to leave after Johnnie jumped on stage. Not a big deal. Driving away, we saw the ten jamming out in the middle of the street in front of the venue. Dangerously cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment