Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On Duty

As may or may not be obvious from the previous post, I spent my weekend at camp.
Dahlonega hasn't seen rain in weeks. The falls look naked.
 I went up to be on "Host Duty" for a couple retreat groups. I felt beyond cool romping around the holy dirt, being "the expert." Knowing every detail of every supply closet, hiking visitors all along the trails,  answering lunatic questions, feeling loved by other staff. 

My private accommodations were comical.
My sweet weekend ride and crib.
Moving into the presidential suite, also known as B8.
15 beds, 2 toilets, 2 showers, 3 sinks, 1 person.
 Every time I walked into my cabin (which was twice the entire weekend) I could not stop laughing. Also, a retreat group tried to move into my cabin when they were supposed to move into G8. They started settling in, but called me, confused that there was someone already living there. And I was like.... that's me. They were embarrassed but it was more funny than anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment